The Nanny

“Delia dear, me and your dad have to go out again so we appointed a new nanny!!”

A cold thought struck me “But mom I am old enough to look after myself. I had enough of the last one we had” I cried. “I am so sorry, dear” said Mrs. Markson.

I was left alone in the room as I imagined how dreadful my next nanny will be. When the clock struck five, I saw a lady coming along the lane, just as I expected I heard her knock at our door. Soon I heard a call “Delia, come down a minute will you.” I sighed as I climbed the stairs. “Meet, Mrs. Black, I hope you'll get on well together!” said mom as she introduced me to my new nanny. Mrs. Black was the oddest looking person I've ever met. Her cold dark eyes pierced through me, her thin hard mouth which she had forced into a smile looked cruel and totally I decided I didn't like her at all. “Hello young lady” she said and held out her hands. I shook hands with her after a polite “Good evening”. “I have to go now” said mom. “Bye mom” I yelled as I saw her and dad getting into the car. After that Mrs. Black went into the kitchen. I Settled down on the couch and started reading an interesting book. Then I heard a slight sound outside, I turned and looked outside it was a full moon night. I put my book down and went into the kitchen for a glass of water. “Huh!!”I gasped. Mrs. Black was gulping down raw meat.

I hid behind a shelf. All sorts of thing ran into my head, was she a cannibal??I peeped at her, her body had turned hairy. Was she a monster or a ghost or am I imagining something, then suddenly she looked out at the moon and let out a deep howl, I gasped, drops of perspiration ran over my face. I knew what she was, she was a werewolf!! “What should I do??” I muttered to myself. I decided the best thing was to get out of this house. My heart thumped loudly as I stood up silently. I started tiptoeing backwards suddenly the creature stopped eating and let out a growl, it turned back “Aaargh!!!”I shouted and before do anything it pounced on me, I kicked it vigorously till it loosened its grip I pushed it and ran for the door. It gave a bloodcurdling growl, I didn't turn back. I pushed the door open and ran outside just to see my parent's car arriving at the gate, I ran to it and crying “Mom, Mrs. Black is a werewolf!!” “What nonsense” said mom. She took hold of my hand and firmly led me inside the house ignoring my protests “let’s talk about it inside” she said and took me inside the house. “Mrs. Black” she yelled. No answer came in return. She went to the kitchen no one was there. “Well, I think she is gone.” she said looking amazed. I let out a huge yawn. “Go to bed” my mom said “you are tired” I slept till noon. Then when I woke up I started wondering if I was dreaming about Mrs. Black. “No way” I assured myself. I went downstairs for a brunch. “Delia we are having a yard sale. We've got some cardboard boxes in the basement; will you get them for me?” She asked.

“Yeah sure” I replied. I went to the dark basement. I heard something moving. I switched the light on. “Hello young lady” said Mrs. Black.

“Nooooooooooo!”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

HEY EVERYONE!GOOSEBUMPS IS TOTALLY COOL!!

MY FAVOURITE VILLAIN IS SLAPPY.

I LOVE HORROR STORIES AND MYSTERIES.

Tell me ur opinion about this horror story!!

• Posted at:

HEY EVERYONE!GOOSEBUMPS IS TOTALLY COOL!!

MY FAVOURITE VILLAIN IS SLAPPY.

I LOVE HORROR STORIES AND MYSTERIES.

cool story, I really liked it

• Posted at:

Shucks, you're giving me -- Oh, what's the word? Goosebumps. HA, HA, HA

Slappy to R.L. Stine 

BIONICS RULE!!

I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!

my name is Nathan

I think it was really scary.

• Posted at:

That is really good

• Posted at:

You're giving me.....what's the word...GOOSEBUMPS!!!

GOOSEBUMPS TM Scholastic. Movie ©2015 CPII. All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY Terms of Use TM ® & © 1996-2017 Scholastic Inc. All Rights Reserved.