Hi Goosebumps fans, I am new here. I have read tons of Goosebumps stories, but I recently read 'the Ghost of Slappy' and without giving any spoilers, I felt immensely sorry for the protagonist, considering everything he goes through in the book and his fate, and considering how much I can relate to him. He deserved better, and do not get me wrong, I do not mind a cruel twist ending, but among all the other Slappy stories, this seems to be the darkest one yet. I do feel sorry for most of the protagonists in the books though, even the animals in the stories. What is your opinion? Who do you pick?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Another protagonist I feel sorry for is Michael Webster from the Cuckoo Clock of Doom. His sister torments him, his parents do not even call her on it, and a boy beats Michael up, and his parents do not even defend him. When Michael turns younger, his father even compares him to how successful other kids his age are, even when he is a baby again. I could probably make a list of other main characters though.

Does no one want to answer this question?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

GOOSEBUMPS TM Scholastic. Movie ©2015 CPII. All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY Terms of Use TM ® & © 1996-2019 Scholastic Inc. All Rights Reserved.